Monday, February 2, 2009

Rants of an Ubersexual Pinoy in These Frugal Times

SCENE 1
POWER TRIPPER



I admit. I am a vain man.


Just the other day, I was awakened by the irritating buzz on my doorbell. I struggled hard to ignore the asshole on the other side of the door. Talk about someone ruining your sleep especially after a whole night of partying. So I lazily opened the door just to be greeted by a most depressing news.


“Good Morning, sir”, smiled a guy in uniform bearing a familiar logo. “
Puputulan ko na po kayo ng kuryente.”


“Ha?! Ano?”
I heard myself saying, sounding more confused than panicked. “Kuya, pwede bang huwag n’yo nang putulan. Babayaran ko naman mamaya?”


“Sir, pakibayaran na lang po agad para ma-reconnect sa hapon.”


And so, just like that, my sleep was ruined. I found myself sitting on the new couch with my feet on the new coffee table, staring at the fashion editorial cutouts posted on my wall like works of art. I was thinking, contemplating real hard why I wasn’t able to pay the electric bill. Oh my. Did I just use the electricity money to pay for a new pair of Viktors?


I think it’s the
Kapampangan in me. Everyone knows how fashionable the people of Pampanga are. Or maybe because I work in the media industry where people are supposed to be artistic and stylish. I don’t want to look like a trusted alalay to my celebrity friends. After all, I'm a young filmmaker-in-the-making, am I not? And with a New York training to boot.

Oh my fukken' gossip girl!! I miss New York City...

Nyarx
?! Bakit dumilim? Okay...

PAKSHET KANG MERALCO KA
!!!



Absofuckinlutely,
HF

No comments: